LansITGuy Posted September 13, 2019 Posted September 13, 2019 Good morning everyone. Is there anyone on the CLEO network with NetSweeper experiencing intermittant issues with YouTube vides? We are seeing a number of videos failing to load with the "Video unavailable. This video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account". What is really odd is that I am signed in to Google with my personal account. The issue has even now shown up on the top advert on the YouTube homepage. Not all videos affected, but a number seem to be on any system around our network but not outside of school. I've looked at the NetSweeper logs and nothing stands out as blocked. Another affected video seems to be: Thanks in advance to anyone who can take a look. Cheers!
ultima170387 Posted September 13, 2019 Posted September 13, 2019 Yes, getting this alot. I have raised it with BTLS. We are also getting the google captcha coming up alot when the kids search then a block page after instead of the search results 1
LansITGuy Posted September 13, 2019 Author Posted September 13, 2019 Perfect. Thanks for the confirmation. I'll throw a request at BTLS to give the issue a bit more of a push for us all. It's so amusing that it's more educational level content than entertainment stuff that's getting blocked.
ultima170387 Posted September 17, 2019 Posted September 17, 2019 FYI I've had a phone call today discussing some of the issues with the filter esp Youtube. They have escalated to the design team regarding the safe=active tag so awaiting their answer. 2
Mark182 Posted September 27, 2019 Posted September 27, 2019 We have still having the issue but our ticket has been closed...
jhothersall Posted September 27, 2019 Posted September 27, 2019 I have been speaking Charlie and we are trying for the same. The issue is all schools have "Moderate Restricted YouTube access”. I have provided a Google Account to all staff to use, but even then certain videos are blocked.... We block YouTube for all students, so we really want unrestricted access for staff.
Mark182 Posted September 27, 2019 Posted September 27, 2019 I have been speaking Charlie and we are trying for the same. The issue is all schools have "Moderate Restricted YouTube access”. I have provided a Google Account to all staff to use, but even then certain videos are blocked.... We block YouTube for all students, so we really want unrestricted access for staff. I think we've solved it. Just E-mailed BTLS to see why they had set the image to deny under the shared list/policy : we put this in and the videos we had issues with are now working : 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now