Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone,

 

We have been with SBB for a few weeks now and I have to say that the Netsweeper platform is awful. It just isn't working for us as we expected it to. One minute it filters correctly next minute it doesn't. Our staff that are authenticated with the wagent and are allowed access to youtube randomly slip into the captive portal and have to login sometimes. Devices that we have added to groups as IP ranges to ensure they are filtered based on a group without having to login work one minute and then don't. Support don't answer my questions properly, no training given, no user guides.

 

I've been told to call in when the issues happen but being a secondary school I would rather diagnose and fix as much as I can myself. I feel like I'm chasing my tail because of the random problems we are having.

 

Is anybody out there using the captive portal? would you happen to know if the group manager list or policy manager list is ordered or not?

 

It's a nightmare, smoothwall was amazing compared to this.

Posted
I've been told to call in when the issues happen but being a secondary school I would rather diagnose and fix as much as I can myself. I feel like I'm chasing my tail because of the random problems we are having.

 

I understand why you would want to fix it yourself, but don't let that get in the way of fixing issues. Call in get them to fix it and get them to show you how they did it. Much quicker than spending a couple of hours trying to figure it out!

 

Also we moved to Netsweeper recently and keep having loads of annoying issues, their support have been good tbf but do take longer to get back than are old provider, but then again it is the start of term!

Posted
I understand why you would want to fix it yourself, but don't let that get in the way of fixing issues. Call in get them to fix it and get them to show you how they did it. Much quicker than spending a couple of hours trying to figure it out!

 

Also we moved to Netsweeper recently and keep having loads of annoying issues, their support have been good tbf but do take longer to get back than are old provider, but then again it is the start of term!

 

Sorry I should have said, when I call in they don't fix it either, they say someone will call me back. I get they are busy at the start of term but we migrated on the 12th August and nobody bothered or took the time to ensure everything was working they just set us up with a default arrangement despite me providing the tech sheet telling them exactly what I needed. They didn't even set up our firewall rules at first I had to chase constantly and one of those still has a typo in that I have had to put a workaround in at my end to fix even though I told them about it. I got an email after the migration as well telling me that the warranty period of 10 years was starting which I guess is like a snagging list but here we are a month later still having problems!!

 

What doesn't help is that any changes made seem to take a while to take effect so I don't know whether it has worked or not.

 

Emails that I send to support when I do get some assistance usually go like this "this is working now" then "sorry its stopped" then "its working again" I didn't mean for this to be a rant but its a joke.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...