Gkillie Posted January 28, 2019 Posted January 28, 2019 Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had this issue. We have had new ActivPanels installed in quite a few of our primaries but I am getting issues with sound. When I go out to fix it there is no option for the panel in sound options. If I then change the HDMI port then I get the option for the panel, set it as default but then the next day same issue no sound no option for panel. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Gordon.
jon_nais Posted January 28, 2019 Posted January 28, 2019 We have had this issue as well, however I am not convinced it is the ActivPanel that is at fault. We had an ActivPanel changed under warranty and the engineers had mentioned if we had expereienced the fault, they were getting a number of calls about it, however they have only really started in the last few months. When they go out to schools, they plug in their own device it works as it should. I have heard some mention that a Windows update could be the root cause, that it seems to forget it is connected to a sound device, especially when the ActivPanel is switched on to standby. Switching the HDMI input or restarting the ActivPanel seems to get things back up and running, but I think getting to the root of the issue could take some time.
kptulloch Posted October 29, 2019 Posted October 29, 2019 it seems to forget it is connected to a sound device, especially when the ActivPanel is switched on to standby. Switching the HDMI input or restarting the ActivPanel seems to get things back up and running, but I think getting to the root of the issue could take some time. I'm having the exact same issue, has anyone else experienced this or have a fix for it, I'm using an HP Elitedesk Mini with HP DisplayPort adapter and have tried a G1 and G3 model, I have also tried the following: Tried 2 different chipset model desktops (HP Elitedesk G1 and G3) 2 different DisplayPort adapters - generic + genuine HP 2 different HDMI cables Firmware upgrade on the Activpanel Promethean driver upgrade Intel Graphics driver upgrade Desktop PC BIOS upgrade Promethean Support call - the only suggestion they had was to try it on a computer with an HDMI port, due to the location of the computer this will be very difficult, a standard sized desktop won't fit. As Jon said above, physically switching the DisplayPort cables (Activpanel and monitor) kicks it back to life but it is very annoying for the teacher. Any suggestions would be gratefully received
Joanne Posted October 29, 2019 Posted October 29, 2019 I had this issue (with CleverTouch boards) and it was the sound driver causing it. I would go into device manager and uninstall the sound drivers, scan for new hardware and the driver would reinstall and sound would be back, however it was like rolling a dice for how long it would last. It annoyed me so much I got new laptops for staff, which have had 0 sound issues (refurb Lenovo Carbons).
kptulloch Posted October 29, 2019 Posted October 29, 2019 The thing is that I've tried this on two separate models of HP Mini PCs, with different chipsets and driver types, and upgraded the drivers on both machines, and it happened on both..
kptulloch Posted October 29, 2019 Posted October 29, 2019 As a crude fix I've realised that I can run a 3.5mm jack - 3.5mm jack cable from the PC into the Mic socket on the ActivPanel which should get it working. It's not the fix I want though!
ITJackson Posted January 7, 2020 Posted January 7, 2020 Anyone Else had any luck with this? I've experienced this issue with our Promethean Boards in our Meeting Rooms. Only fix I found is changing Source or Rebooting the Board. Anyone know what causes this?
kptulloch Posted January 7, 2020 Posted January 7, 2020 I ended up having to find a PC with HDMI output, it is now working, no Display port/HDMI converter installed now.
ITJackson Posted January 7, 2020 Posted January 7, 2020 We currently have a USB-C to HDMI Converter in all our NUCs and having the issue. So is just a standard HDMI the fix?
kptulloch Posted January 7, 2020 Posted January 7, 2020 I tried various different fixes, firmware, drivers etc, now working fine but only after I swapped the PC for one with an HDMI port which eliminated the need for the DisplayPort/HDMI Converter
Michael_Ox Posted May 3, 2022 Posted May 3, 2022 In contact with Promethean for this exact issue. Likewise, nothing produced so far by their support team has been of any use. Dan, a Sr. Coordinator, has requested a remote access session with an affected board. Will update once I know more.
Michael Posted May 3, 2022 Posted May 3, 2022 In my experience - - Installing the latest drivers is always worth a shot - Native HDMI port/HDMI cable is the way to go, no converting - Despite the performing the above, I still get the occasional/rare user who needs to go into Control Panel > Sounds, to change the audio default. I think Windows Updates/driver updates certainly play a role. 1
Michael_Ox Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 In contact with Promethean for this exact issue. Likewise, nothing produced so far by their support team has been of any use. Dan, a Sr. Coordinator, has requested a remote access session with an affected board. Will update once I know more. We are trialling dropping the HDMI EDID to Version 1.4, from 2.0. Boards that can not change this setting manually in their settings page will require a converted provided by Promethean. Testing continues!
Michael_Ox Posted March 30, 2023 Posted March 30, 2023 This has been resolved. Either change the EDID version to 1.4 via the board settings or, contact Promethean and request a HDMI EDID emulator.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now