mrbios Posted January 21, 2019 Posted January 21, 2019 Odd problem, a member of SLT can't open Nova T6 when connecting via our remote connection (which goes to an RDS server) but when i login with a test account to the same server, which is basically identical to hers, it loads fine. I get an SNOVA directory not found error when attempting to open it as her, but it loads fine as a test account. I'm trying the link within SIMs and a link directly to the NT6 exe as well, both fail the same way. Suggestions on how i correct that?
3s-gtech Posted January 21, 2019 Posted January 21, 2019 Using an S: drive (where the reference SNOVA directory is)? Permissions on that account to that directory okay? No drive map clashes when RDPing in?
mrbios Posted January 21, 2019 Author Posted January 21, 2019 Using an S: drive (where the reference SNOVA directory is)? Permissions on that account to that directory okay? No drive map clashes when RDPing in? Yep S drive, no drive map clashes, S drive is there for both users as expected, permissions are all good too, she can use NT6 fine in her office and as far as I'm aware elsewhere around school too. She just has this issue when using the RDS server for connecting from home.
Ecclesbury Posted January 21, 2019 Posted January 21, 2019 Might there be an issue with either the connect.ini or SIMS.ini when logged in as the SLT member? I'll admit I don't really understand why there would be, but I've fixed odd issues like this before by copying over a clean version of the connect.ini and sims.ini. Jonny.
mrbios Posted January 21, 2019 Author Posted January 21, 2019 Hmmm, one difference in the sims.ini. Connect.ini was identical. I've copied over the sims.ini from her desktop, still works fine as my test user, will get her to test and see if it works now.
Reboot_IT Posted January 21, 2019 Posted January 21, 2019 I had this issue and found an old connect.ini which had been put into a Windows folder on the users Personal network area. I think it'd defaulted to that location due to C drive permission restrictions. After deletion it worked fine. Another thing to try is deleting the local profile on the remote server using Delprof. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now