Jaan Posted February 6, 2019 Posted February 6, 2019 I know this is an older thread, but we have Server 2016 DCs and we cannot get Windows 10 LTSC 2019 to activate at all!! Is the solution to install this role on a Server 2019 box then? What a faff Microsoft Also if this is the case, can anyone confirm that having ADBA running on 2 servers will not break things? We activate office etc and stuff too via the existing 2016 box. Thanks As soon as we spun up a 2019 server and added adba it worked fine... we also use the 2019 vm to activate office.... so we retired our 2016 "kms" server hope that helps 1
Davida1992 Posted February 6, 2019 Posted February 6, 2019 Worked thanks Just removed the key, readded from a 2019 server using ADBA and it activated. Microsoft confuses me lol
maier_dan Posted February 21, 2019 Posted February 21, 2019 Worked for me I have a Windows server 2012 R2 KMS server Added a "Windows Server 2019 Datacenter" KMS key into the KMS server I could activate a Windows 10 enterprise LTSC machine using the generic key M7XTQ-FN8P6-TTKYV-9D4CC-J462D from https://docs.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys
dsm091 Posted May 18, 2019 Posted May 18, 2019 I just ran slmgr.vbs /ipk Windows 2019 KMS server key in our portal. That will activate everything down. Even if you don't own 2019 you should still get the server kms key to use. I called Microsoft for the 2016 issues a few years ago and that is what they told me to do. MS licensing has always been clear as mud. Just try to within your true up windows and keep everything under SA. They wont bother you.
SteveCoops Posted June 25, 2019 Posted June 25, 2019 Worked for me I have a Windows server 2012 R2 KMS server Added a "Windows Server 2019 Datacenter" KMS key into the KMS server I could activate a Windows 10 enterprise LTSC machine using the generic key M7XTQ-FN8P6-TTKYV-9D4CC-J462D from https://docs.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-server/get-started/kmsclientkeys Just registered just to reply to this - this works BUT I had to activate the 2019 KMS key on the KMS server in the Volume Activation Tools wizard, just adding it to the Volume Activation Management Tool wasn't enough for me. Cheers, Steve
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now