Gongalong Posted October 4, 2018 Posted October 4, 2018 Hi folks, Has anyone tried SIMS yet with Win 10 1809? I unwittingly upgraded some new Win 10 laptops to 1809. When I run SIMS it prompts for the location of the CONNECT.INI. I point it to the file and... nothing happens, no SIMS. If I run SIMS again I get the same prompt for CONNECT.INI and nothing again. Not sure if this is something new with 1809, or just another problem. Thanks
Gongalong Posted October 4, 2018 Author Posted October 4, 2018 Just to add, it doesn't appear to be a universal problem with 1809 because by chance we have a different model of laptop with it also installed, and SIMS is working fine on that.
maark Posted October 4, 2018 Posted October 4, 2018 I have had this on a couple of 1803 machines - try running Sims under an admin account (hold shift and run as different user on the executable) if you put the location of the connect.ini in now it should run and keep it for normal user next time
Gongalong Posted October 4, 2018 Author Posted October 4, 2018 I did start with a domain admin account but will try also as a local admin.
Gongalong Posted October 4, 2018 Author Posted October 4, 2018 Local admin doesn't work either. Removing SIMS and SOLUS agent and starting again...
Gongalong Posted October 4, 2018 Author Posted October 4, 2018 Reinstalling has fixed one of the machines so I'm guessing just one of those things. Will see how the other go. Although beware updating to 1809 if you have user data on the PC... https://www.petri.com/windows-10-october-update-is-deleting-content-users-beware
psydii Posted October 4, 2018 Posted October 4, 2018 (edited) Reinstalling has fixed one of the machines so I'm guessing just one of those things. Will see how the other go. Although beware updating to 1809 if you have user data on the PC... https://www.petri.com/windows-10-october-update-is-deleting-content-users-beware Windows 10 has been doing that for a while. I even got a tacit admission of guilt from a senior developer on the Windows servicing team. Best thing to do is set things up so as little as possible is lost when the local profile is deleted. Shame Roaming Profiles aren’t a viable thing anymore. Edited October 4, 2018 by psydii
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now