Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, have finally got the "we need to block usb drive access request". Easy enough to do, also threw in write access to CD/DVD and floppy (you never know...).

 

However, Bluetooth has me stumped. I can't imagine that anyone apart from me even knows that it's possible to send files to your phone via Bluetooth, but I'd like to lock it down just to be sure. I can see how to turn off BT (don't want that as some stream to class speakers). There's stuff about how to prevent device driver installation, and Custom Classes restrictions, but both seem to require knowing the Hardware IDs. Also tried adding a DisableFsquirt reg key.

 

Has anyone managed to get this locked down?

Posted
To be honest, I think you're overthinking this. Put technical measures in place to block the obvious risks, of course, but there comes a point where data security is achieved by saying "don't do it", as there will always be a way of getting round the technical measures and manually doing something you shouldn't - printed pages, emails, phone calls. Data security has to have a human element too.
  • Thanks 2
Posted
To be honest, I think you're overthinking this. Put technical measures in place to block the obvious risks, of course, but there comes a point where data security is achieved by saying "don't do it", as there will always be a way of getting round the technical measures and manually doing something you shouldn't - printed pages, emails, phone calls. Data security has to have a human element too.

 

True enough! I shall point this out to the head.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...