Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Slightly random question but does anyone know if the core steppings being the same will matter with dual processors? We're upgrading some of our old poweredges and need to get hold of Xeon 2.0Bs, however the only ones I can find is on Ebay and a different core stepping, all the rest, FSB, Multiplier, Voltage etc are the same.

 

So is this likely to work or am I better shelling out for 2 just to get matched core steppings?

Posted

Cheers for that guys, I'll play it safe since its our SIMs server, Dell have been utterly useless in helping since they dont sell processors that old anymore.

 

I'll just buy 2 matched ones on ebay and sell the origional when they arrive, with any luck it'll sell for at least what the replacement costs, straight swap :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...