Gongalong Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 Hi folks, I need to add some network drivers to my boot image, as I have a laptop that won't work with the default image. The drivers are for the Intel I219-V NIC, but when extracted there are many folders and INF files for the driver that Intel provides. Is there a way to narrow down which INF file is correct for the NIC, or should I just import the lot? Thanks
Steve21 Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 Well if you want the technical answer, you can look at the device guid on a machine and compare that to the inf files to see what they reference. But I'd just import them all unless you're missing space etc, otherwise there might be different models of hardware within a same model of laptop and it might not work for all Steve 1
DalekSec Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 I agree with @Steve21 , no harm in having them all imported, saves time looking for the correct one and never know you might need another one at some point! 1
Gongalong Posted January 31, 2018 Author Posted January 31, 2018 It unpacks to a lot of folders (the PROWinx64.exe file, that it seems a few Intel NICs use). There seem to be at least 5 folders, which then in turn have INF files within them. (Extracted files are 70MB)
DalekSec Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 We have a new-ish build of SCCM (Replacing old 2012 r2 one), with two driver packages, one for 2 different devices. Those 2 packages contain 176 drivers between them, a lot of them being NIC drivers. What your are experiencing seems about right! 1
Arthur Posted January 31, 2018 Posted January 31, 2018 Is there a way to narrow down which INF file is correct for the NIC, or should I just import the lot? Intel also make a separate driver pack that you could use with SCCM. Intel Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack 1
Gongalong Posted February 5, 2018 Author Posted February 5, 2018 I managed to isolate the driver somewhat. I installed the driver on the laptop, and found that it used a SYS file in the extracted driver path PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS65 So I created a driver package and pointed at that, added it to the x64 boot ISO, recreated a bootable USB memory stick and... it worked! Thanks again all for the help.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now