Gongalong Posted November 10, 2017 Posted November 10, 2017 Hi folks, We have a 2012 R2 server (our SIMS server) which cannot browse its own shares. When it tries to access a share it gives the error "Share is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The specified network name is no longer available." Other PCs can browse these shares without issue, using the same domain account. Windows firewall is off, network discovery is on, SMB v1 is on. I've tried adding a new share with Everyone permissions and I can't access that either. I'm at a loss as to what the issue could be! Any ideas? Thanks
sted Posted November 10, 2017 Posted November 10, 2017 its uac i believe if you add your account to permissions not a group its part of iirc it works or turn off uac
Gongalong Posted November 10, 2017 Author Posted November 10, 2017 UAC was enabled, but have set it to not notify and still have the issue. I have tried logging on a local admin and get the same behaviour.
Guest Guest Posted November 13, 2017 Posted November 13, 2017 Are you allowing your access through an Admin group such as Domain Admins? If so I found the solution to be creating a new group and granting access via that. I’m guessing it’s something todo with UAC not running file explorer as an admin
Gongalong Posted November 13, 2017 Author Posted November 13, 2017 To test, I've tried creating a share with "Everyone" permissions, and "Everyone" security permissions. I get the same error.
Gongalong Posted November 13, 2017 Author Posted November 13, 2017 The problem appears to be solved by changing this registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\DependOnService Original Value: SamSS Srv2 Change to: SamSS Srv
nathan3388 Posted November 13, 2017 Posted November 13, 2017 the problem will be the time on the server is it the same on everything else?
Gongalong Posted November 14, 2017 Author Posted November 14, 2017 Time and date are spot on, although the fix seems to be the post above. I just need to double check and deploy SIMS to ensure all is working.
nathan3388 Posted November 14, 2017 Posted November 14, 2017 It always the time in most cases with the shares u had to install a program to keep them in check. As they liked to drift out by 10 mins sometimes and that ain’t in the tolerance of the Kerberos so security fails.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now