CAM Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 I have a number of spreadsheet models with existing formulae and formatting already in place. I have some idea of how to get data from a database like Access into Excel but struggle to slot the data in with already existing formulae next to it that I can use for analysis. For example: IMPORTED STUDENTS | IMPORTED GRADES | EXISTING FORMULA | EXISTING SUMMARIES BASED ON FORMULA CALCULATIONS Anyone have any tips?
Seb1780 Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 I have a number of spreadsheet models with existing formulae and formatting already in place. I have some idea of how to get data from a database like Access into Excel but struggle to slot the data in with already existing formulae next to it that I can use for analysis. For example: IMPORTED STUDENTS | IMPORTED GRADES | EXISTING FORMULA | EXISTING SUMMARIES BASED ON FORMULA CALCULATIONS Anyone have any tips? I'd use "Paste as Values" to copy from the database or from an export from it.
pcstru Posted September 12, 2017 Posted September 12, 2017 Tips yes, but you need to design it that way from the start. As with many things, try to keep data separate from presentation (and analysis). So keep your imported data in separate sheets exactly as it comes out of the systems you export from. Your presentation/analysis is then kept on entirely separate sheets which only ever reference the import sheets. That way, you can overwrite the data in the import sheets and the presentation and analysis will simply update from that. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now