ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 8, 2017 Posted September 8, 2017 (edited) Good afternoon all, welcome back! I hope that the majority of you have has a pretty seamless start to the new year - and for those of you who have had problems, I hope they've been sorted with minimal fuss We're finally out of our summer madness mode and back in our usual, more relaxed, coffee-drinking routine after a summer that saw us ship over 3000 PCs and all the associated screens and peripherals that go with them into schools right across the UK. But now that everyone is back, I feel it's time to share with you a few examples of what we have to offer over the next six months. We've got a decent stock of lovely HP Elite All in One business desktops right now There's the excellent HP 8300 all in one - Quad Core ivy-bridge i5, 23" 1920 x 1080 screen and 2 Years warranty for just £270 http://www.ict-direct.co.uk/computers/refurbished-desktop-computers/hp/all-in-one/8300-elite.html Moving to laptops for a moment, we've got a batch of Dell Latitude E6440 14" business notebooks begging for new owners - Haswell i5 CPU, 14" 1600 x 900 Screen & 2 years warranty for just £280 each http://www.ict-direct.co.uk/refurbished-laptops-schools/laptops/dell/dell-e6440.html Finally we've got a 1U SuperMicro Server that packs a punch, has plenty of storage and doesn't break the bank - 8-core Xeon E5, 48GB RAM, 8TB storage at just £1000 http://www.ict-direct.co.uk/superm-x9dri.html We have all our usual lines and, of course, if you happen to need something specific, drop me a line and I'll do my best to help. Edited September 8, 2017 by ICTDirect_Dave
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 8, 2017 Author Posted September 8, 2017 The laptop link is pointing to the 8300 Aha! My little test to see who actually checks this worked! Thanks for letting me know Fixed now. 1
Ephelyon Posted September 8, 2017 Posted September 8, 2017 That 8300 could be a really good machine, but I'm afraid we never buy anything without an SSD any more... 1
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 11, 2017 Author Posted September 11, 2017 We can fit an SSD for you. You know that - - - Updated - - - Do I get a free laptop for spotting it? You order sixty machines and I'll find a way to get you a free laptop
Ephelyon Posted September 11, 2017 Posted September 11, 2017 The point is... I don't get why anyone would stock anything that by default comes without one any more...
LeMarchand Posted September 11, 2017 Posted September 11, 2017 The point is... I don't get why anyone would stock anything that by default comes without one any more... Don't ever wander into CurrysPCWorld (or whatever it's called now)! I'm guessing because the manufacturers churn 'em out with HDDs so that the great unwashed think 500GB>250GB - bargain!
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 11, 2017 Author Posted September 11, 2017 The point is... I don't get why anyone would stock anything that by default comes without one any more... You have to remember that we fit New SSDs to our refurb kit in house. 90% of the kit we buy still comes into to us with a spinning disc of some description. Also, whilst we do sell a lot of Solid State Drives to you school types, of the between 10 & 11 thousand machines we have sold in 2017, only 4.5K have been with SSD. It's a big figure but it's not yet 50% of our total sales. When our new website comes along, each machine listed will enable you to build from an empty chassis upwards. So if you don't want to consider a spinning disc you won't have to. You'll be able to buy in whatever state of completion takes your fancy! Disclaimer: Our new website is taking it's sweet time as the complexities of a live inventory link between Magento and MS-dynamics NAV are proving to be a bit of a nightmare! 1
bald_pig Posted September 11, 2017 Posted September 11, 2017 You order sixty machines and I'll find a way to get you a free laptop I've bought several hundred, what do I get?
Edu-IT Posted September 11, 2017 Posted September 11, 2017 Do you have anything i5, SSD, that isn't all in one?
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 11, 2017 Author Posted September 11, 2017 I've bought several hundred, what do I get? Ahh but you bought several hundred of the wrong machine Do you have anything i5, SSD, that isn't all in one? Yeah I've got plenty. HP 8200, 8300 & 800 G1 SFF, Dell 790 & 7010 SFF, Lenovo M92p SFF. 2nd Gen prices with SSD start at £197, 3rd Gen from £247, 4th Gen from £297. Better pricing for bulk orders obviously.
Edu-IT Posted September 11, 2017 Posted September 11, 2017 Ahh but you bought several hundred of the wrong machine Yeah I've got plenty. HP 8200, 8300 & 800 G1 SFF, Dell 790 & 7010 SFF, Lenovo M92p SFF. 2nd Gen prices with SSD start at £197, 3rd Gen from £247, 4th Gen from £297. Better pricing for bulk orders obviously. HDMI and VGA output?
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 11, 2017 Author Posted September 11, 2017 VGA and Displayport. 3rd gen and above have 2 x Displayport. We can fit HDMI cards for around the £25 mark too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now