Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

So over the summer I need to migrate a bit of a mishmash of systems over purely to Lightspeed Mobile Manager which we have purchased.

 

We currently have approx 60 pupil iPads which are managed with AC 1.7 and a MacBook, and 40 odd staff ones on Meraki, for which we've used VPP to assign apps to staff Apple IDs.

 

So I suspect the first order of business is to get Apple to migrate our codes over to managed distribution - am I right in thinking this should add to the totals we already have for apps, eg if we bought 40 copies via code and had another 20 for staff we bought with VPP< after conversion would we have 60 licences for that app?

 

Then how do I switch from Meraki to Lightspeed? Just remove/disable the service token from Meraki and add it to Lightspeed? Is this likely to cause issues with staff iPads and assigned apps? I'm assuming not as this is independent of any specific MDM?

 

Finally I know I need to bring in all the pupil ones, unsupervise them and then re supervise with the Lightspeed profile and then start deploying settings and apps from there - this bit I'm not too worried about.

 

Are there any massive things I'm missing there, or anything I'm likely to do in the wrong order?

Posted

1. Any redemption codes that you pushed out using AC1.7 will be retained when you convert them to managed distribution. If you pushed out any using Meraki then these are now assigned to the Apple ID used to redeem them and cannot be migrated.

 

2. Just remove the VPP token from Meraki and add it to Lightspeed. I did a migration the other way around from Lightspeed to Meraki and everything just transferred over.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...