claireadams Posted July 17, 2017 Posted July 17, 2017 We've got several users who are having issues opening documents (word and excel so far). They get the 'Access denied. Contact your administrator' error, followed by 'Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable' then it launches a repair center. On closing those errors the document will either open or not, but the next time you try it might open first time. It's very sporadic and makes no sense, it leaves no trace in the event viewer so I've really got nothing to go off at all. Microsoft's 'help' has been to either run the repair or remove and re-install which seems to fix the issue for a matter of hrs then it happens again. Is anyone else having the same issues with O365? has anyone got any suggestions?
psydii Posted July 17, 2017 Posted July 17, 2017 Log a ticket via the support section of portal.office.com. It is free and they will call you back. I had this briefly, the documents created during that time never worked. But by the time I tried again, and had some time to engage a call with support, I couldn't recreate the issue. (this was in testing within the IT Services team, so no actual data was at risk otherwise I'd have raised a ticket immediately)
claireadams Posted July 17, 2017 Author Posted July 17, 2017 Microsoft's 'help' has been to either run the repair or remove and re-install which seems to fix the issue for a matter of hrs then it happens again. unfortunately Microsoft have been as useful as a chocolate teapot so far.
psydii Posted July 17, 2017 Posted July 17, 2017 Sorry, I really should read things more carefully. If the problem is re-occouring open a ticket each time it happens, and reference the previous ticket. Each iteration you can include more details (copy paste augment). You will eventually get a solution. Quite possible that it may be that the August 2017 update will include the fix, but not if MS doesn't get hounded about the issue. 1
claireadams Posted July 17, 2017 Author Posted July 17, 2017 Yeah, I'm guessing we'll end up waiting and hoping it gets fixed. I've raised around 100 tickets now and each time they 'fix' it but it's only ever a temp fix, and doesn't break before they close the call down.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now