kirbster73 Posted May 24, 2017 Posted May 24, 2017 Hi, Wondering what others have their spam filter settings as on O365. There is a setting for 1-10 for how strong the filter is. Apparently 5 is normal and the higher you go the more bulk mail is stopped as Spam. What do others have theirs set to?
LukeC Posted May 24, 2017 Posted May 24, 2017 Ours is set to 8 with a quarntine notification sent to sent every 3 days if something had been blocked. We also do other bits too like blocking certain files and languages in emails and block js in html etc.
mullet_man Posted May 25, 2017 Posted May 25, 2017 Where abouts is the setting? Always is more than likely set on the default setting but just recently we have been bombarded with a lot of spam emails a lot are going into the spam folder a lot are getting straight through to the inbox. Would be interested to see if changing this setting will help?
kirbster73 Posted May 25, 2017 Author Posted May 25, 2017 Hi,in exchange admin centre is a protection tab, inside there is the quarantine, spam filter, malware filter etc. Ours was set on 5 which is default, but we've had loads of spam, so I've turned it up. As an aside, I also noticed that our malware filter was also off!!!
mullet_man Posted May 27, 2017 Posted May 27, 2017 Thanks kirbster, ours was set on 7 which was the default? Anyway I've moved ours down to five as a test. Let's see what happens. Thanks
Ashfold Posted May 31, 2017 Posted May 31, 2017 We have ours on 6 but i have also used the "Apply sensitive word list" option in advanced which I found helpful in reducing spam and I have blocked some countries and languages. I also block some file types but not for spam reasons.
mullet_man Posted May 31, 2017 Posted May 31, 2017 We have ours on 6 but i have also used the "Apply sensitive word list" option in advanced which I found helpful in reducing spam and I have blocked some countries and languages. I also block some file types but not for spam reasons. Am going to look into blocking file types also, not noticed a major difference with upping the spam filter as yet. Might up it 1 more. Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now