Ertech Posted May 5, 2017 Posted May 5, 2017 (edited) Whenever I copy a video off the iPad/iPod onto a shared network drive the process hangs with "5/15/25 seconds remaining" message - any ideas why this might happen? Thanks Edited May 5, 2017 by Ertech
Ertech Posted May 5, 2017 Author Posted May 5, 2017 Is this using a windows PC using Explorer? Yes - windows 7 Explorer. When I copy the video onto external or local drive and thn copy it onto the network drive no problem.
pete Posted May 5, 2017 Posted May 5, 2017 I can replicate it (getting video evidence of bus-related misbehaviour). I haven't compared to an Android device to see if it's how (dumb usb storage vs media device) the tablet/phone presents itself.
Ertech Posted May 5, 2017 Author Posted May 5, 2017 I can replicate it (getting video evidence of bus-related misbehaviour). I haven't compared to an Android device to see if it's how (dumb usb storage vs media device) the tablet/phone presents itself. Could it also be the a final handshake issue over the network - do you have a solution for this??
pete Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Could it also be the a final handshake issue over the network - do you have a solution for this?? Nope - whenever I'm doing this it's usually a student device in the middle of a pastoral incident, so I don't really have time to play about and test things. My workaround (or rather, the CPO's) is the same as yours.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now