Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Whenever I copy a video off the iPad/iPod onto a shared network drive the process hangs with "5/15/25 seconds remaining" message - any ideas why this might happen?

 

Thanks

Edited by Ertech
Posted
Is this using a windows PC using Explorer?

 

Yes - windows 7 Explorer.

 

When I copy the video onto external or local drive and thn copy it onto the network drive no problem.

Posted
I can replicate it (getting video evidence of bus-related misbehaviour). I haven't compared to an Android device to see if it's how (dumb usb storage vs media device) the tablet/phone presents itself.
Posted
I can replicate it (getting video evidence of bus-related misbehaviour). I haven't compared to an Android device to see if it's how (dumb usb storage vs media device) the tablet/phone presents itself.

 

Could it also be the a final handshake issue over the network - do you have a solution for this??

Posted
Could it also be the a final handshake issue over the network - do you have a solution for this??

 

Nope - whenever I'm doing this it's usually a student device in the middle of a pastoral incident, so I don't really have time to play about and test things. My workaround (or rather, the CPO's) is the same as yours.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...