Norphy Posted March 31, 2017 Posted March 31, 2017 I know that you have to make an income somehow but is there a way to turn off this LinkSynergy links that seem to take over links inside posts. Example: http://click.linksynergy.com/deeplink?id=TnL5HPStwNw&u1=12538X700576X255e81d7e0e3023d88d2335a3af96559&mid=39197&murl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.udemy.com%2Fccna-on-demand-video-boot-camp%2F Reason I ask is that like a lot of places, we block advert traffic so every time I click on one of these links, Smoothwall blocks it because it thinks I'm trying to look at an advert. Minor in the grand scheme of things I suppose but still irritating. 1
3s-gtech Posted March 31, 2017 Posted March 31, 2017 They are annoying - thankfully in Firefox I just right-click / Inspect Element / Ctrl+click and it opens the original link. Not exactly straightforward but at least it's not blocked! 1
ZeroHour Posted March 31, 2017 Posted March 31, 2017 I know that you have to make an income somehow but is there a way to turn off this LinkSynergy links that seem to take over links inside posts. Example: http://click.linksynergy.com/deeplink?id=TnL5HPStwNw&u1=12538X700576X255e81d7e0e3023d88d2335a3af96559&mid=39197&murl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.udemy.com%2Fccna-on-demand-video-boot-camp%2F Reason I ask is that like a lot of places, we block advert traffic so every time I click on one of these links, Smoothwall blocks it because it thinks I'm trying to look at an advert. Minor in the grand scheme of things I suppose but still irritating. Norphy can you link me to the thread you found this and I will take a look at options for this. We do use a 3rd party to link redirect but normally it doesnt break anything. We will review the need for the links as it was something they built into vbulletin a few years ago but we can look at disabling it. Cheers
Norphy Posted March 31, 2017 Author Posted March 31, 2017 I think it was this one: Books to learn networking with VLANs https://www.edugeek.net/showthread.php?t=164925 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now