Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Good morning,

 

We are looking to sell our school radio station and I am hoping someone may be able to suggest where. Its not the sort of thing you normally find on ebay so I am open to ideas (and offers if anyone is looking for one).

 

Thanks

Ian

Posted

Hi Ian,

 

We are currently looking at purchasing a school radio through schoolradio.com but if you have better and cheaper equipment we would consider it. What equipment are you selling?

 

Liam

Posted
To be honest i dont know anything about it, i have just been jobbed will selling it for the media dept. I will get some photos and post them on here for you.
Posted
I don't I'm afraid. A sensible offer would be accepted i'm sure, the main thing is to get the room back in use! when new it was around 15k but they wouldn't be expecting anything close to that.
Posted (edited)
Hi Ian,

 

We are currently looking at purchasing a school radio through schoolradio.com but if you have better and cheaper equipment we would consider it. What equipment are you selling?

 

Liam

 

Based on our experiences at BETT I'd definitely recommend you also speak to Russell at Anderton Tiger http://andertontiger.com

 

He provides low cost School radio equipment and workshops to hundreds of schools.

 

Not on commission, just a really nice guy with a good product.

Edited by Al_NetSupport
Posted
Images [ATTACH=CONFIG]41438[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41439[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41442[/ATTACH]

 

 

The kit you have there is good quality. i have used similar kit to that and have friends who own radio kit like that.

 

The thing that a school buting it will need is radio pc software to play tracks, jingles etc.

The software I would recommend is Competa.

Competa Playout | vectoraudio.co.uk

 

Competa was sold but is now Free with paid support. The person who wrote Competa is a radio engineer and works/worked for Global radio. I know several ex radio station managers who really rate it...

 

Hope that helps.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...