limbo Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 In the last two or three days Birmingham have announced three different up-coming conferences / courses. 1) Developing the use of eportal - either AM or PM at the Martineau Centre 2) "Serco" The way forward - Am at the Birmingham City Ground 3) The Link2ICT Network Managers and IT Technicians Event - PM at Aston Science Park All three of which are of interest - but all three of which seem to be on the same day. In theory you could do two of the courses in the same day - and the first course does have an alternative date - but I have already sent off an order for the PM course. I was just wondering which event other Birmingham Edugeekers were going to attend, if any, out of these options and whether we could share notes on the events we choose not to attend.
jamin100 Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 I only knew about the NM and IT Tech event so will probably go to that because i'm interested in the part about professional development. Got too much on to attend all 3
JOrdan01070 Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 i am going to try and do 2 and 3 wont have have to go for number 2 as i work at the primary school next to the blues ground.
limbo Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 Sorry - I should have said, The Serco conference is for Secondary only - the Primary School equivalent is in the afternoon - at the same time as the NM & IT Tech conference. There is a second date for the Primary School flavour -the 19th March, both an AM and PM session. Alan - I will email you the info I have got on these courses.
alan-d Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Sorry - I should have said, The Serco conference is for Secondary only - the Primary School equivalent is in the afternoon - at the same time as the NM & IT Tech conference. There is a second date for the Primary School flavour -the 19th March, both an AM and PM session. Alan - I will email you the info I have got on these courses. Thanks - got that but I'm on a course on 13 & 14th Mar. I may get my 2IC to go but it's also National Science week and being a specialist science college like yours, may not be possible.
limbo Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 Isn't the CMIS one around £150? From memory it was £95 each for the eportal one (but a second person could go and share a machine for £55). The Serco and NM events are both free I believe.
AndyCope Posted March 3, 2008 Posted March 3, 2008 (edited) All, I have been working with Serco Learning to organise 'The Way Forward' meetings. They are 'strategic' events aimed directly at Senior Leadership in schools. As a result we feel it would generally be a different audience to that for the Network Managers/IT Technician meetings. Additional dates for the 'Developing the use of eportal' sessions will also be advertised in the near future. Further details on the Serco events can be found via http://www.services.bgfl.org/page_147.cfm?s=54&m=3553&p=2737,view_info&id=622 Regards Andy Cope Link2ICT (Birmingham Schools Support) Edited March 3, 2008 by AndyCope
apearce Posted March 3, 2008 Posted March 3, 2008 On a personally note. I find it hard to get permission to go out of school if senior managers are out as well. It would be better if they were hosted on different dates in the future. anyone agree? Thanks
limbo Posted March 3, 2008 Author Posted March 3, 2008 Thanks for clearing that up Andy. Although more and more in schools it would be the IT staff that would be looking at making recommendations for how the MIS could be used for school improvement. But as long as there are going to be additional e-portal dates then it is a bit more manageable.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now