simonw Posted January 30, 2017 Posted January 30, 2017 As is usual in my school, hardware gets purchased without asking my advice and I just get the old 'make it work' speech. This is where I need your help please. A wireless only printer has been purchased for two users who work from desktops, this in its self is fine, they can both print to the device, and its not shared to any other network devices. The problem I have is that our little darlings have found the printer on the available devices list while using the iPads and its causing a bit of an issue, lots of colour being used in multiple prints of the same thing etc. Is there any way in either the iPad or the printer settings or where ever, that I can stop these unwanted print jobs? Many thanks Simon
3s-gtech Posted January 30, 2017 Posted January 30, 2017 Disabling the Bonjour/Airprint service from the printer should do it. Unless anyone needs to legitimately print from iPads/iOS, it should no longer appear. 1
dry Posted January 30, 2017 Posted January 30, 2017 As above, go to printer's web interface, log in and see if you can disable Bonjour and AirPrint. On our HPs, it's possible to disable it completely but I've come across a specific model of Epson's workforce inkjets that didn't (at the time) allow disabling Bonjor/AirPrint. In that case, we changed the device's display name to 'No printers found' so that's what was displayed when inquisitive users searched for printers to print to. Might be worth looking at segregating iPad/iDevice traffic onto it's own VLAN if it's going to be an issue. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now