Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IE7 not displaying Menus


Recommended Posts

Posted
My site http://www2.chathamsouth.medway.sch.uk/ displays menus in all browsers except IE7. Any ideas?

 

TIA

Jody

 

I'm using IE7 on a box here at home and the menus only appear when you mouse over them.

 

I've seen this before and I think it's a scripting error. One of the other edugeekers with better scripting knowledge will probably sort it for you.

Guest kerlj001
Posted

chrbb,

 

Could you elaborate on this as i'm feeling thick!

 

TIA

J

Posted (edited)

Your 'home' menu image is showing ok in ie7, so there must be an extra bit of code missing on the menus not showing.

 

So looking at your html, via view source on your website, underscore and the word current are in the coding for the home menu section for not for any other part of the menu section.

 

Right this is the home menu part. I've made the word current in bold.

 

  • Home

     

    Now here's the news menu part you need to include _ current after mainlevel, I've highlighted it in bold.

     

  • News
  •  

    You don't need it on the sublevel parts of the menu.

     

    I do my website the old fashioned way with html, also handy to know if you are using software package to design website as sometimes tweaking the code is a way to get it to work!

Edited by chrbb
Posted

Is that a menu component Jody?

 

I'm using one that looks exactly the same, it's SWMenuFree. Lots of configuration options in the backend - it is easy to set an option that screws it up in different browsers.

 

See it on action on this site

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...