marsdenprimary Posted November 11, 2016 Posted November 11, 2016 Hello! I've been trying to use WDS to capture an image of Windows 7 I have made in Virtual Box on a seperate PC to the server. WDS isn't working because I foolishly only set the Virtual disk to 25Gb. The reason it is a problem, is WDS wants me to save the image to the D: drive before uploading to the WDS server via LAN. I need to know how to do a couple of things to make it work. a) How do I create a virtual drive so that the boot screen picks it up in the virtual machine? Is this possible? I could then save the image to this before it uploads. I just need some extra drive space to do this. b) Is it possible to capture the image from the virtual machine a different way using a different kind of image capture software and then add it to our WDS server for deployment? c) Can I make the virtual disk bigger POST install of Win7, apps etc... or is it set once it's been created in Virtual Box? I hope all this makes sense! Cheers
Steve21 Posted November 11, 2016 Posted November 11, 2016 Unless you really want to do any of that, you can just map a folder within VB to a local folder (on the pc). Then net use map into it within the pxe without needing to change the settings. Steve 1
marsdenprimary Posted November 11, 2016 Author Posted November 11, 2016 I'm getting a System error 1222 saying the network is not present or not started now... Any ideas??
marsdenprimary Posted November 11, 2016 Author Posted November 11, 2016 What did you change? Steve I've not changed anything... it's really bizarre. It let's me connect to the WDS server no problem but the CMD in DOS is throwing this at me now...I might be doing it wrong though.
Steve21 Posted November 11, 2016 Posted November 11, 2016 Can you screenshot what it's saying? (or type it if you can't screenie), just so many ways to do it not sure what commands you mean Thanks, Steve 1
marsdenprimary Posted November 14, 2016 Author Posted November 14, 2016 Can you screenshot what it's saying? (or type it if you can't screenie), just so many ways to do it not sure what commands you mean Thanks, Steve Sorry for the delay here we go:
LeMarchand Posted November 14, 2016 Posted November 14, 2016 I think I made the same mistake some time ago. IIRC I cheated and captured the image with Clonezilla, then used that to establish a VM with a bigger disk. Pretty sure I had to use G-Parted to fiddle with the partitions to expand them. This was with W7, so YMMV. 1
marsdenprimary Posted November 14, 2016 Author Posted November 14, 2016 This is the route i have gone down for now! It's my own fault for not creating a bigger virtual drive in the first place. You live and learn! Thanks for all the help!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now