Gongalong Posted October 14, 2016 Posted October 14, 2016 Hi folks, Not a huge problem, but it’s bugging me… I’m trying to apply different wallpapers to two different sets of user accounts. We have an overall wallpaper that’s applied to all authenticated users, as part of a number of things in a GPO. I’ve created another GPO that just applies a wallpaper, and the scope for that is a handful of accounts. But it doesn’t work. I’ve tried moving the precedence ahead of the other GPO. No effect. Any ideas? Thanks
Steve21 Posted October 14, 2016 Posted October 14, 2016 First thing to check, I take it your image isn't too big etc? Steve 1
Rob_D Posted October 14, 2016 Posted October 14, 2016 Can you not take the original GPO off the users who are to have the new/alternate wallpaper? In my last place I had different wallpapers for the staff and students, we just had different OUs with different policies, but you should be able to limit GPOs based on security groups. 1
Gongalong Posted October 14, 2016 Author Posted October 14, 2016 @Steve21 No, smaller than the image that's currently working for all users. @Rob_D I'd prefer not, because the original GPO has a ton of other stuff. The alternative I guess would be to create a third GPO that has desktop image one, then apply that to all users bar the second set of users.
Rob_D Posted October 14, 2016 Posted October 14, 2016 The alternative I guess would be to create a third GPO that has desktop image one, then apply that to all users bar the second set of users. It's probably what I'd do, but it's up to you. Have you tested that the new gpo works if you don't have the other one applying?
Gongalong Posted October 14, 2016 Author Posted October 14, 2016 Well I tried GPRESULT, and I didn't see it listed there
Rob_D Posted October 14, 2016 Posted October 14, 2016 Time for a test environment where you can add your other GPOs one at a time to work out what's breaking it? 1
Gongalong Posted October 20, 2016 Author Posted October 20, 2016 Sorted it. It goes back to this security "fix" Microsoft put in place some months back. I had to add "Domain Computers" to the scope, as it wouldn't process the GPO without it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now