Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Morning all,

 

Having a look at Zimbra today and just wondered whether people could share their zmibra server specs versus how many users etc so I could get an idea.

 

Thanks for your time.

 

Kim.

Posted

It installed (good start) and logs in fine etc with the html interface, but with ajax it freezes the browser and I can't seem to find anything useful on the net about how to look at it.

 

Tried IE6,7 & FF2.

 

Any ideas?

Posted
It installed (good start) and logs in fine etc with the html interface, but with ajax it freezes the browser and I can't seem to find anything useful on the net about how to look at it.

 

Tried IE6,7 & FF2.

 

Any ideas?

 

You aren't going through a proxy to reach it are you?

Posted

I hope not :)

 

It's installed on an internal server with the exception set to allow access to it which allows me to log in with standard OK. - With the Ajax one it says "101 items remaining" and just sits there....

 

I shall install a gui on the server and try it locally I think...

 

Thanks :)

Posted (edited)

We'll soon be installing it on a Dual Quad-Core Xeon with 8GB RAM and 73GB SAS drives at 15k RPM. Should be fast enough ;)

 

Will be running Ubuntu 6.06.2, supporting total of about 900 users (~100 simultaneous).

Edited by webman
Posted
We'll soon be installing it on a Dual Quad-Core Xeon with 8GB RAM and 73GB SAS drives at 15k RPM.

 

Are you sure that is powerful enough :eek:

Posted

Kim

 

What OS did you use out of interest? I see a few people are using different variations I just wonder which people have found to be the best.

 

Thanks

Posted
What OS did you use out of interest? I see a few people are using different variations I just wonder which people have found to be the best.

 

The idea is that you use the distro that you are most comfortable with. In my test setup I was running it on Debian Etch and it seemed fine. If you have a number of Linux servers already, use the same distro as them because you WILL start to confuse yourself with the subtle differences.

Posted
The idea is that you use the distro that you are most comfortable with. In my test setup I was running it on Debian Etch and it seemed fine. If you have a number of Linux servers already, use the same distro as them because you WILL start to confuse yourself with the subtle differences.

 

Yeah, thats probably what I will do. I just wondered if some people had ran into complications with certain Distro's I would avoid them especially if its going to cause my a lot of head scratching in the long run.

 

Thanks

Posted
otherwise I'd have used gentoo and built from source.

 

eeek.

 

 

I just wondered if some people had ran into complications with certain Distro's

 

use whatever Zimbra support, you'll get better help in the forums if you need it.

There was a scare about Centos not being supported at the beginning of the year, but hte Zimbra team retracted the statement after the 'problem' was found.

I'm using Centos (32bit) and have not had problems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...