IAMCloud_Curt Posted September 19, 2016 Posted September 19, 2016 VSS seems to have cleared all our previous versions.. Was working fine on Friday as I used to to recover students work. Is there anyway to get the Previous shadow copies back? I tried this mklink /D d:\vssbackup \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy100\ It mounts the directory correct but I can't then go inside the folder and view the VSS. As I said, shot in the dark, but if anyone's ever experienced there Previous Versions just randomly disappear I'd appreciate some help. Cheers
john Posted September 19, 2016 Posted September 19, 2016 As scary as this sounds you don't have Cryptolocker (or one of its variants) floating around as one of its first jobs is to clear all of VSS out to stop you recovering easily, maybe worth a quick check in files to check nothing is being encrypted slowly behind the scenes.
TechieWils Posted September 19, 2016 Posted September 19, 2016 What @john said, we got hit and all VSS was wiped clean. Not a massive problem as backups are all offline etc but still a pain to bring everything back up. look for .lol files and how to get your data.txt files.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now