Dos_Box Posted September 15, 2016 Author Posted September 15, 2016 @ICTDirect_Dave Have you heard of these guys? - Harlequins Games Preston | Just checked and they are a 3 min walk from the office. I'll pop around tomorrow for a look
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 15, 2016 Posted September 15, 2016 I haven't actually. they look to be a fairly typical game store. Active in the local scene and stocking what looks to be a good range of expensive, yet fun & addictive games. Let me know what they've got?
Dos_Box Posted September 15, 2016 Author Posted September 15, 2016 I haven't actually. they look to be a fairly typical game store. Active in the local scene and stocking what looks to be a good range of expensive, yet fun & addictive games. Let me know what they've got? Will do I was just a bit shocked that I didn't even know they were there!
sonofsanta Posted September 15, 2016 Posted September 15, 2016 By strange coincidence, this just popped up on my Facebook feed: 3D Printing Is Going to Turn the Miniatures Gaming Market Into a War Zone | VICE | United States
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 15, 2016 Posted September 15, 2016 By strange coincidence, this just popped up on my Facebook feed: 3D Printing Is Going to Turn the Miniatures Gaming Market Into a War Zone | VICE | United States There's no such thing as coincidence where cookies and facebook are concerned...
LeMarchand Posted September 15, 2016 Posted September 15, 2016 3D Printing Is Going to Turn the Miniatures Gaming Market Into a War Zone | VICE | United States Isn't that what happened with most other entertainment media (books, music, video)?
Dos_Box Posted September 15, 2016 Author Posted September 15, 2016 By strange coincidence, this just popped up on my Facebook feed: 3D Printing Is Going to Turn the Miniatures Gaming Market Into a War Zone | VICE | United States The stange thing I find after coming back to D&D after a 30+ year break is that in the early 80's figures (the metal types) were at pocket money prices. Nowadays they are, IMO, vastly overpriced. Especially for unpainted plastic figures. Pre-painted figures would cost more due to the time involved in creating them, but on the whole, as the article touches on, there is a monopoly at play that has just found out technology has suddenly crept up on it.
Dos_Box Posted September 16, 2016 Author Posted September 16, 2016 @ICTDirect_Dave I just went into Harlequins. It's a bit of an effort to find (behind the building on Manchester Road). It had a nice amount of stock but is mainly a playing venue with a big room with lots of tables for games. Apparently they get lots of peopel in drign the week in the evenings and it's dead on a weekend! I did pick up a Citidel Tomb Guard Commad pack of 5 metal skeleton figures and acessories for £10 though which I thought was a steal
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 16, 2016 Posted September 16, 2016 Nice! Now the question is, is it worth getting all my 10,000 plus Magic the Gathering cards from my parent attic and starting Friday Night Magic again?
Dos_Box Posted September 19, 2016 Author Posted September 19, 2016 OMG, these guys are still about: White Metal Casting | Toy Soldier Miniatures | Themed Chess Sets I used to have a set of orc moulds as a kid and made a fortune selling them to other D&D players at school! Being trusted with molten metal in the kitchen as a child was something else! That is one xmas pressie for my daughter taken care of
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now