speckytecky Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 In clearing up a bit of space on a workstation by deleting profiles I have accidentaly deleted the default profile. Existing users are ok logging on but any new student to the pc will not log on to the network. How do I reset the default again - it's not in the recycle bin before anyone asks!
plock Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 Oh dear - Several options come to mind, retrieve from a backup or extract from the image of the PC? Both only help if you have the systems in place.
enjay Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 Can you not just copy it over from another computer? 1
plock Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 Or as Nick says - copy from another machine! 1
MarkB Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 Edit: Looks like I was too slow Copy it from another PC that is the same make/model? 1
speckytecky Posted February 12, 2008 Author Posted February 12, 2008 Can you not just copy it over from another computer? Thanks Nick. Why didn't I think of that, brain fugg!
enjay Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 Nor was it my first thought when I did exactly the same thing once; I ended up re-imaging the PC before it occurred to me there was a better way!!
noah Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 Microsofts system restore might help if you still have a admin profile left on the computer! Start - Run - type : restore. click rstrui.exe
FN-GM Posted February 12, 2008 Posted February 12, 2008 Microsofts system restore might help if you still have a admin profile left on the computer! Start - Run - type : restore. click rstrui.exe Unfortunately System Restore does not restore profiles
SimAda00 Posted February 13, 2008 Posted February 13, 2008 My supervisor did this, i spend hours trying to sort my pc out afterwards, with all the evil security bugs. realised he had deleted the default user profile. I just coppied it from another machine and it worked fine:D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now