robsonma Posted May 23, 2016 Posted May 23, 2016 Had an error on accessing WSUS at home yesterday, getting an error The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server Database. when you copy to clipboard I get. Verify that SQL server is running on the WSUS Server. If the problem persists, try restarting SQL. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException -- Cannot open database "SUSDB" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Source .Net SqlClient Data Provider Stack Trace: at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.SoapExceptionProcessor.DeserializeAndThrow(SoapException soapException) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPGetTargetGroupById(Guid id) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.ComputerTargetGroup.GetById(Guid id, UpdateServer updateServer) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.GetComputerTargetGroup(Guid id) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.AdminApiTools.TestSqlConnection(IUpdateServer server) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.GetUpdateServer(PersistedServerSettings settings) at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.ConnectToServer() at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Scope.ServerSummaryScopeNode.get_ServerTools() So -Reinstalled Server 2012r2 Came in to School today and get the same error at School!
maark Posted May 23, 2016 Posted May 23, 2016 check disk space on server - all those updates can eat up the space - if it drops to nothing then you get error
smithson83 Posted May 23, 2016 Posted May 23, 2016 Think I had this error the week. It was a windows update that screwed everything up. I'll see if I can find the notes 1
Oaktech Posted May 23, 2016 Posted May 23, 2016 https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wsus/2016/04/22/what-you-need-to-know-about-kb3148812-part-two/ 1
smithson83 Posted May 23, 2016 Posted May 23, 2016 Think this is it https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/kb3148812-breaks-wsus-server/ think I essentially, uninstalled KB3148812, restarted, everything was ok, went through th e steps, and then reinstalled the update (or all new updates from MS not WSUS), and everything seemed fine. ps YMMV 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now