ITJS2015 Posted April 26, 2016 Posted April 26, 2016 Hi Everyone Im wondering if anyone can help me with a convert, I have a windows image file which I need to convert to a VHD file which im going to import into hyperV I don't want to start my image from scratch using hyperV so please can anyone help Cheers
Sagima Posted April 26, 2016 Posted April 26, 2016 I think (though I haven't done it) that SCCM can do that directly if you have it. Also you can pxe boot a hyperv vm if you have any other services for deploying images (that's how I do it with sccm) 1
ITJS2015 Posted April 26, 2016 Author Posted April 26, 2016 Cheers buddy, my head is not in gear this morning. Ill try wds onto a VM and snap shot my updates
Decimas6 Posted April 28, 2016 Posted April 28, 2016 Any use? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn873998.aspx?tduid=(fc042f3ad163556337366371ee27510e)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-ebIdP3y_j__iyookHHTmQw)() or https://hyperv.veeam.com/blog/how-to-convert-physical-machine-hyper-v-virtual-machine-disk2vhd/
maddocks1993 Posted June 2, 2016 Posted June 2, 2016 Hi, Yeah you can deploy a VHD or VHDX file via SCCM as long as SCCM is running with Hyper-V Enabled (Mainly a Physical box as Nested Virtualization is not out yet). Either that, run .WIM from a Task Sequence or WDS and you should be fine from there. Otherwise you will need to get the Disk Converter from Microsoft or download the Convert-WindowsImage.ps1 whether that will work I'm not certain. https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Convert-WindowsImageps1-0fe23a8f I've converted a .wim to a .vhdx file but that was for the NanoServer which the Modules are imported from Root of Windows Server 2016 ISO. Chris.
JoeFulford Posted June 3, 2016 Posted June 3, 2016 I'd just PXE boot from the VM tbh. That's what I've done in the past
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now