russdev Posted January 30, 2008 Posted January 30, 2008 Hi Is there anyway of embedding java apps into share point? Sure must be a way to it but can't think of how at moment. Russ
Ric_ Posted January 30, 2008 Posted January 30, 2008 Isn't there a webpart that allows you to add HTML? Simply add the relevant markup and off you go.
CyberNerd Posted January 30, 2008 Posted January 30, 2008 (edited) You mean deploy jnlp webstart apps ? (Like http://ganttproject.biz/jws20/ganttproject.jnlp ) I think you need JBOSS/Tomcat Edited January 30, 2008 by CyberNerd
russdev Posted January 30, 2008 Author Posted January 30, 2008 My thinking was trying to get hot potatoes java version in portal so staff could login and create from the portal. Russ
john Posted January 31, 2008 Posted January 31, 2008 Theres a webpart for HTML as has been said so that may be of some use.
russdev Posted January 31, 2008 Author Posted January 31, 2008 Hmm so thinking this through. Would have to upload this somewhere either on sharepoint system or for example our school web hosting. Then use webparts to embed it in a html page. Hmm will have to think about this maybe just as easy to upload whole lot to website and have link from the portal. Right cheers Russell
GrumbleDook Posted January 31, 2008 Posted January 31, 2008 Send me the details and i wil give it a try ... or get NewOrder to give it a try in his neck of the woods.
huetert Posted September 29, 2008 Posted September 29, 2008 I haven't been able to get java to work in HTML editor yet.(MOSS 2007). Either nothing shows up or I get an error message saying it that controls aren't supported.
apearce Posted September 29, 2008 Posted September 29, 2008 publish hot potato into a html page and then use the page viewer webpart to bring the html file into the master page
jooe Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 Hi Is there anyway of embedding java apps into share point? Sure must be a way to it but can't think of how at moment. Russ Hey, I found this thread in Google. I am also looking for the same thing. Until now the only tools seems helpful is the Java Sharepoint solution by Mainsoft. Have anyone tried it? I would like to get an honest opinion.
NewOrder Posted March 31, 2009 Posted March 31, 2009 Are you thinking of uploading the hot potatoes exe file in to a sharepoint library and then linking this so that it can be opened by on a site?
Cravon Posted April 1, 2009 Posted April 1, 2009 you can run Java apps, flash movies, flash files and even wmv's via the 'Content editor webpart' under the Miscellaneous list. all you need to do is place the web part on the page then go into the control panel and open the Source Editor, then place an embed function (). Should then work fine, if you need any help give me a yell/pm.
ToniR Posted October 1, 2009 Posted October 1, 2009 Hello my guru friends...my company is moving our database from Lotus Notes to Sharepoint and I was wondering if I can write Java code, JSP and Servlets and link it to sharepoint... any books that I can use in the market.... Once again I really want to convert the Lotus notes FORMS, using Java (JSP and Servlets,. etc) and put it into sharepoint.... Thank you ToniR
stuff Posted March 1, 2010 Posted March 1, 2010 you can run Java apps, flash movies, flash files and even wmv's via the 'Content editor webpart' under the Miscellaneous list. all you need to do is place the web part on the page then go into the control panel and open the Source Editor, then place an embed function (). Should then work fine, if you need any help give me a yell/pm. could you help me, i have same problem
rsknzl Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 Hi there Cravon I hope you are still checking on here. I'm hoping to install Hot Potatoes to run off our sharepoint. I understand how to use Content Editor webpart, but just not sure as to where to actually install the Hot Potatoes exe. program so it will be accessable through the portal by using a link. Hope you can make sense of this. Richard
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now