Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’ve received the following request from a school...

“Just on the off chance you might be able to help with your wide range of school contacts – do you know of any schools who have a BYOD policy please? Ideally looking for secondary schools. I’ve a colleague here investigating this as a possibility and is looking to make links with other schools who’ve gone down that route to see how they’ve done it.”

Would anyone in the Edugeek community be interested in sharing their experiences and thoughts in respect of BYOD if a online teachmeet were run?

 

Last month, I facilitated an online teachmeet “Chromebooks in the Classroom” using Google Hangouts that was attended by eight schools plus the National Stem Centre. A recording of the hangout has been made and will be posted on YouTube.

 

Regards

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I couldn't offer assistance on Teachmeet? no idea what it is - but BYOD is a whole different ball game.

 

Currently finishing up on a report which may be the very last one I do (for a while at least) in regards to these types of Schemes. We ran it for many years and the School is scrapping it and returning to basics/what works - PCs.

 

15 Pages long that was down from 20+ pages of notes.

Edited by mthomas08
Posted
mthomas very very interested in anything you can share on that report as it's being pushed a lot more round these parts as a magic bullet fix to "everything" and all I can see is massive expense...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...