oXvsBQk3ty7PcGEUfsWM Posted March 16, 2016 Posted March 16, 2016 Hi everyone, The school I work in as a technician has over 300 iPads, we currently manage these by Apple Configurator 2, this works well but could work better. We have a profile that blocks pretty much anything that hasn't got to do with school. We also plan to roll out Impero when the app becomes compatible with IOS 9. The reason for this post is I just wanted to know how other Schools/Organisations manage their iPads? Any particular apps, apple config methods or anything else? I just want to get an idea of how other schools set their iPads up, as unfortunately none of the other local schools use iPads. This is a Secondary School based in the UK, the majority of the school devices use Windows, hence the lack of experience. Hope you can help, many thanks. Marcus 1
Brimstone Posted March 16, 2016 Posted March 16, 2016 With 300 iPads I imagine you spend your life updating them without an MDM. Prerequites would be; Enrolled into DEP Enrolled into VPP A decent MDM Caching Server
Sagima Posted March 16, 2016 Posted March 16, 2016 We have 60 ipads and an mdm has helped - unfortunately it's not a very good mdm but it was cheap and better than my brief trial with meraki (not a patch on airwatch though). It came cheap with our internet filter Our iPads aren't part of dep but we do have vpp
Solutions_James Posted March 16, 2016 Posted March 16, 2016 I would recommend having a look at Lightspeed or Airwatch...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now