TechMonkey Posted January 28, 2008 Posted January 28, 2008 Has anyone deployed this yet? We had some training on Friday and they mentioned this so off I toddle to get it before the masses started banging the door down with the demand. As far as I can tell it should just be an import to the gallery but SMARTNotebook isn't recognising it. Wondering what I am doing wrong.
TechMonkey Posted January 31, 2008 Author Posted January 31, 2008 (edited) Well can answer my own question now and expand on it! The problem was the association for gallery collections wasn't made once that was fixed it was ok. Even better was I found the Reg keys to allow it to be pointed to a shared drive Yell if anyone wants them posted up. Edited January 31, 2008 by TechMonkey speeling
TechMonkey Posted February 4, 2008 Author Posted February 4, 2008 YELLING ARRGGGHHHH!!! Too loud!!! Sorry for the delay. Managed to get on a school trip to Hendon Air Museum. Whole day running round like a little kid pretending to be Biggles Right method was, install the gallery to a machine and then copy the created folder out to a shared area where I have the rest of the gallery content. I then duplicated the registry settings from the image I made for the educators gallery & changed the relevant sections. Here are the keys: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies Inc.\Gallery\TeamContent\toolkit] "Args"="-configuration \"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\SMART Technologies Inc\\Gallery\\Configurations\\SMART Technologies Inc\\Toolkit\"" "MetadataXml"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\SMART Technologies Inc\\Gallery\\Configurations\\SMART Technologies Inc\\toolkit\\metadata.xml" "ImsManifestXml"="P:\\Smart Gallery\\Toolkit\\imsmanifest.xml" "Enabled"=dword:00000000 "AppPath"="C:/Program Files/Common Files/SMART Technologies Inc/SMART Product Update/gallery setup.exe" I haven't fully investigated but I think only the bold ones are important as the first points to where the toolkit is stored and the second points to the local copy of the gallery installer (but again don't know if that is even necessary). The rest don't seem to point to anything actually on the disk but included them as they had been picked up in the scan for the other gallery. Hope that helps 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now