Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

The School has purchased new computers, Dell 3240 AIO PCs and we are having issues with the actiview visualisers and the actiview software. When the visualiser has been turned on and the actiview software has been loaded, everything on the actiview software is greyed out except for the power button and the options button. When I click on the power button the software crashes.

 

I have installed the latest version of the actiview software v5.0.4 and the computers have Windows 7 32 bit installed on them.

 

To get the actiview to work I have to connect the usb cable to a different port. This method does not always work. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted

When installing the software for Actiview there are a couple of steps.

1) Make sure all the dip switches are down/off. If you move any of the switches make sure to power cycle the unit.

2) Connect the ActiView with USB to the computer and make sure the unit is turned on.

3) Make sure to login as an Admin

4) Now run the driver install.

 

If the unit is not on and connected at time of install not all parts of the driver are installed.

Posted
When installing the software for Actiview there are a couple of steps.

1) Make sure all the dip switches are down/off. If you move any of the switches make sure to power cycle the unit.

2) Connect the ActiView with USB to the computer and make sure the unit is turned on.

3) Make sure to login as an Admin

4) Now run the driver install.

 

If the unit is not on and connected at time of install not all parts of the driver are installed.

 

I installed the actiview software on an old laptop that only has usb 2.0 ports and the actiview visualiser worked without any problems. I then installed the actiview software on a more recent laptop that only has USB 3.0 ports and the actiview visualiser worked without any problems.

 

The Dell 3240 PC's use the skylake chipset. Could this be the problem because the actiview software and actiview visualiser work without any problems on the older PCs and non-skylake chipset computers?

  • 1 year later...
Posted

I thought I'd just update this thread.

 

I'm still having problems getting the actiview to work consistently. I installed the actiview software on Windows 7 32bit and Windows 7 64bit and I still get the same problems. I then installed the actiview software on Windows 10 x64 Education and the actiview worked straightaway without any problems.

 

There definitely seems to be some USB software problems with Windows 7 and skylake chipsets.

  • 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

I’m now having problems with Windows 10 x64 LTSB 2016 and Promethean Actiview v322 Visualisers. I thought the problem had been fixed with Windows 10, but I am now getting the same problems that I had with Windows 7.

 

Does anybody have a Promethean Actiview v322 that they can test on Windows 10? I'm losing the will to live here as I have the Head of English on my case as to why the Activiews are not being used in the classroom.

Edited by pbad
Posted

Hi pbad,

 

You can give this step a try:

 

The AV322 has an internal storage, with the unit off plug it into the computer. You will see it pop up as a drive letter on the computer, delete the images on the AV322. Also, make sure the temp files are deleted on the computer. Reboot the computer.

 

Do you still see the same issue?




×
×
  • Create New...