Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am currently using netstumbler I've found the SSID number I know the password et cetera but I don't know the IP address. Does anyone know of a free piece of software that could help?

 

 

 

Wes

Posted
I'm pretty sure our core switches (HP 4000 / 8000 series) can match the IP address of a device to a known MAC address, and vice-versa. Perhaps yours can do the same and you can get the device's MAC address and look it up? That or connect it to a standalone machine and run a portscan over the entire range it should be on.
Posted

Can you hyper terminal into the switch by connecting a laptop to a serial cable etc. The through the console discover what the IP is.

 

What make / model of WAP is it?

Posted

Cool thanks guys!

 

Go it up and running now all I've got to do is find out why when it connects I still can't ping a wired computer lol!

 

 

 

 

 

Wes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...