HCC Posted February 3, 2016 Posted February 3, 2016 Hi, I recently upgraded our office 365 dirsync to the Azure AD connect program, which was surprisingly easy for a Microsoft piece of software. At the end of the wizard and in the readme there is a reference to running the powershell command Initialize-ADSyncDomainJoinedComputerSync to make windows 10 computers sync with Azure. Has anyone done this? Is this something I should be doing? I was under the impression that a windows 10 computer could only be domain managed or azure managed. I've chosen domain because of group policy, but this option does intrigue me....
Geoff Posted February 3, 2016 Posted February 3, 2016 AD Writeback will not occur unless you run the command. This'll break your Windows 10 clients ability to authenticate against Azure AD.
HCC Posted February 3, 2016 Author Posted February 3, 2016 So Writeback to AD as in they can change their password on the 365 logon page?
Geoff Posted February 3, 2016 Posted February 3, 2016 Yes, Azure AD should protect you if this is failed / disabled by not letting you do password resets in O365.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now