Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Has anyone got a definitive way to get PPTP VPN clients working through Censornet...

 

The annoying part is I had this working perfectly at one point, but after having to do an emergency replacement of my Censornet server it just times out.

 

From what I remember "Allow Web & Other" from the workstation menu didn't actually do a very good job of the "other" part and I had to tweak the rules manually in nano. I've dug up all the posts I can find on the (now read only) CN forum and found the part about allowing GRE, but I'm sure I had to get something else going for this to work...

 

The config is network <> CN box <> ADSL router, the router has VPN pass through enabled and 1723 pointed at the CN box...

 

Anything from anyone who has it working and could compare notes would be brilliant...

Posted
I have an example of how to let traffic through on a certain port for a certain ip address if thats any good. You could probably change it to suit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...