Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey everyone, i am having trouble with our laptops not wanting to boot with the usb cable for the board plugged in. The laptops will not boot past post and they lock up. Once you unplug the boards and retry to boot everything boots just fine. Then plugging the board back in and everything works for the board. This however is a pain for our teachers to every morning do this. Some forget to do this and then the computer is frozen and they dont know what to do. Here is a list of thing i have tried and the model of computers we are using.

 

Lenovo e550

Windows 7

ActiveTouch whiteboard

 

I have installed the latest drivers for the USB and flashed to the most current bios for the laptop.

I have turned off USB boot and set the boot options for usb to disabled for good messure

 

 

I am at a lose of what is going on. We are also having another problem with the dual screen. We have the laptop screen then split a extended view with a vga splitter to another monitor and projector. However we can not control via touch with the extended view. I was told via Promethean support they do not support dual screens? Due to a problem with a long press being the same as a right click in windows world? The gentleman told me that it would be a quick fix with a patch but they currently do not plan on changing it? So basically Extended desktop control does not work?

 

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you for your time.

 

 

CJ

Posted

Hi cmeyer,

I am going to be basing the below on an assumption that you are using the ActivBoard Touch (2 touch or 6 Touch).

I think we should start with the "easy" one.

Extended desktop.

 

You are right to some extent, on our extended desktop support, the support that we are talking about is around being able to calibrate an ActivBoard Touch when using extended desktop, ActivDriver cannot handle it.

It isn't a quick patch to fix either, as there are other considerations to take into account when developing fixes to drivers.

 

The workaround on this one is to use the Windows Tablet PC settings instead of our ActivDriver. So if you setup as you want, head to Control Panel> Tablet PC Settings, you should see a configure button.

Click this and follow the on-screen instructions to tell Windows which screen is your "touch" device.

Calibration can be carried out from the same window as well.

 

It is worth pointing out that some ActivInspire functions will only function on the Primary screen, so take this into consideration when deciding which screen to make your primary.

 

The locking up on boot issue, is a strange one, and in order that we can remove the "obvious" could you tell me what firmware version is installed on the boards in question?

As an additional point, could you tell me how long the USB run is, and whether you are connecting through any wallboxes, faceplates etc?

 

In the BIOS, do you have an option to turn OFF USB checking on boot?

 

I think you should re-log this issue through our support team and see what they can offer.

 

Thanks

Posted

Hi cmeyer,

The latest for the 6 touch is 5.32.

If I were you I would contact our support team and ask them for the latest firmware update and see if this helps the situation.

 

Thanks

Posted
I will get in contact with them and report back! Thank you for your help. I have been busy and will also let you know on the extended display issue also.



×
×
  • Create New...