TLARWise Posted November 20, 2015 Posted November 20, 2015 I recently upgraded the server that the HP Smart Client Service/Profile Editor that controls our small batch of HP t410 thin clients was installed on (old server = Server 2003, new = 2012 R2). I have only just got around to installing the Smart Client Service on our new server and copied the modified profile from the old server to the new one. However since the new service went active my t410's keep coming up with a screen showing the following information: Updating device image Source Remote Server: [iP Address of server]:18287 Server type: http Image file: /auto-update//image/image/:4294967295:0.dd.gz HP ThinState The restoration of the HP ThinPro image failed The specified image has not been found. There are no image files in the auto-update folder (there weren't any on the old server either and that worked fine) nor can I see any setting telling it to try updating the image anywhere. It has been a while since I originally setup the Smart Service Client on the old server so it is possible I missed a step. Does anyone have any ideas where I can start looking?
Vasriel Posted November 20, 2015 Posted November 20, 2015 Check your DHCP settings. Under Server Options check Option 137 is pointing to the correct server. It should be something like http://:18287/auto-update 1
Davit2005 Posted November 20, 2015 Posted November 20, 2015 (edited) Check your DHCP settings. Under Server Options check Option 137 is pointing to the correct server. It should be something like http://:18287/auto-update @Vasriel has a good point, a good place to look. If the Profile server is on different subnet as thin clients you need the entry in DHCP, this is something I found out while rolling out some t410 AiO and with the Profile server. Edited November 20, 2015 by Davit2005
TLARWise Posted November 20, 2015 Author Posted November 20, 2015 We don't have access to make changes on our DHCP server as it is managed by our local authority so are using the broadcast option which seems to somewhat work as the server IP listed on the screen that shows on the t410's is the correct. The setup on the old server did work before without making any DHCP changes. The servers and clients are all on the same subnet. I read on the HP forum that there is an IIS fix that may sort the issue, however the link this points to is dead, does anyone know what this fix might be?
Davit2005 Posted November 20, 2015 Posted November 20, 2015 (edited) Do you use Profile Editor, if so have you checked the ServerURL etc. under auto-update section. Check that you have 'Show all settings' selected if you cannot see it. Edited November 20, 2015 by Davit2005
TLARWise Posted November 20, 2015 Author Posted November 20, 2015 It looks like I have found the problem. IIS was originally installed on the server while I was setting up WSUS and it looks like there were a few subroles that didn't get installed, after installing these it now appears to be working fine. Thanks
Davit2005 Posted November 20, 2015 Posted November 20, 2015 It looks like I have found the problem. IIS was originally installed on the server while I was setting up WSUS and it looks like there were a few subroles that didn't get installed, after installing these it now appears to be working fine. Thanks Glad you found the problem :-) .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now