Garacesh Posted December 16, 2015 Posted December 16, 2015 Oh, yeah, I know about that stuff. Except seriously, go and check it out, the vast majority of my elements are glowing on my old table with nothing more than a bookshelf next to them... Unless it's something to do with the mob grinder in the same chunk?
Garacesh Posted December 16, 2015 Posted December 16, 2015 Eduville 3 gets my vote Could do some interesting things with a ravine.
Geoff Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 (edited) @LiamH I had need of wither skeleton bones however your base was in a state of neglect. I unbunged your mob grinder. The chests were full. I've told it to throw away zombie flesh. I manually threw away some other junk. I took anything I thought I could use. You also ran out of mob essence. I've turned the wither skeleton spawner off as it had been left running (probably by me). I also fiddled with your computercraft powered mystcraft portal. It wasn't running on server start, so I've fixed that. However the books aren't cycling and I don't know why. I've left the server spawn book in as that takes you to a working portal anyway. Edited December 17, 2015 by Geoff
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I need to nosey at everyone's teleporter-room setup as I've started to build my own, too. Must remember to use intra-linking this time. Hm. I used the grinder last week to get wither heads, but I'm fairly certain I turned it off? I do need to grind more to make more wyvern tools, but I feel mean stealing all the mob essence lol.
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 Had quite a productive night/morning. Got myself a Windmill, some conduit, and now I can craft more conduit, finished my first quarry and then started using the Ender Quarry that Sephiroth gave me. I also have an ME system now (albeit on 1k drives) but the thing won't seem to take power from my Capacitor bank which is strange, unless I NEED to have a controller before I can use the terminal + drive... which if that is the case sucks.
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I haven't even begun to start looking at an ME system yet lol. I think it's one of my next big projects.
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 @Garacesh I've only done a little one, 2 1k Storage Drives (they don't hold much, but they should hold my ore initially) terminal + drive. Tonight I'm going to try and set up more windmills/power generation. While my quarry digs away getting my diamonds. (My quarry has officially already found more diamonds than I have... which makes me kinda upset considering I spent like 30 hours doing nothing but mining)
Sephiroth Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 (edited) ...the thing won't seem to take power from my Capacitor bank which is strange, unless I NEED to have a controller before I can use the terminal + drive... which if that is the case sucks. You need to have an Energy Acceptor to convert RF to AE, though I thought that it was working for you when I was there? Edited December 17, 2015 by Sephiroth wrong name
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I thought so too... but it's saying Device unpowered. Also, I did a naughty and stole 5 pieces of obsidian. But they'll be replaced tonight (I was urgently in need of 2 glowstone dust, so I pinched the obsidian to make a nether portal).
Geoff Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 @LiamHaith you don't need a controller. An 'adhoc' network can have 8 devices.
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I thought so too... but it's saying Device unpowered. Also, I did a naughty and stole 5 pieces of obsidian. But they'll be replaced tonight (I was urgently in need of 2 glowstone dust, so I pinched the obsidian to make a nether portal). My mob grinder makes glowstone dust 'cause there's witches in it. If you need iron ingots, arrows, meef, glowstone, bones or redstone or wood, feel free to come pinch some I have (in theory) infinte.
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I only needed two pieces to make a terminal, so I just took my first adventure to the Nether. I don't know where anyone's base is, and I live far too far away to be pinching. I've seen what happens when someone quotes Justin Beiber, let alone theft.. though I'm not sure which is worse.
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 lol, well we need to get you enrolled in the link book system then
localzuk Posted December 17, 2015 Author Posted December 17, 2015 Or build a rail line to him... By my estimation it should be done by 2018. 😁
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I have a link back to my cottage. But I don't like venturing back to the land of the evolved. There's something charming about knowing everyone else is basically in the future, meanwhile I'm still struggling to make fires.
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I have a link back to my cottage. But I don't like venturing back to the land of the evolved. There's something charming about knowing everyone else is basically in the future, meanwhile I'm still struggling to make fires. Aye, I was like that for quite some time. The fact that you've gotten ME storage up and running(ish) already means you're advancing quicker than I was. I was stuck using a manual grindstone to get ore dusts for a while And I was farming by hand.. And having to burn items in generators. Realistically I'm not that much further ahead, now, I just have an ender quarry and an automated tree farm (Though the quarry still uses power quicker than I can make the charcoal, so I still have to "charge up" the power for it for a little while (i.e. let the betterbox fill up with charcoal again before each run)) I've done all the twilight forest stuff, but that doesn't really have an impact on anything. Still, 'chieves.
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I've got my Ore doubling set up, A small (manual) wheat farm, Power generation (Stirling/Windmill), Ender Quarry, Regular Quarry, Basic ME (once I power it up), and I'm starting to amass a small amount of Draconium to start working with that also.
Geoff Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 If you want to be a complete isolationist hermit you could live in the Twilight Forest, or your own Mystcraft dimension.
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 Good luck generating a stable mystcraft dimension that also doesn't throw a tonne of negative debuffs at you D: (Though I've got a tonne of pages if you want to try.. Just please bring some ink and COPY them (by right clicking), don't just take them and leave me without at least one copy )
bald_pig Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I have a link back to my cottage. But I don't like venturing back to the land of the evolved. There's something charming about knowing everyone else is basically in the future, meanwhile I'm still struggling to make fires. I know that feeling! However, I've now got some primitive power generation and a mining drill thingy
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 I plan on living in a Mystcraft world eventually, but right now I'm just going to prettify my land, then leave it (like my Cottage) for scenic purposes.
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 Living in Mystcraft dimensions is great 'cause you can just take your house with you wherever you go lol.
LiamHaith Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 Yeah, tonight I'm going to be looking into how to get the Industrial Hemp stuff to improve my windmill, and hopefully my quarry will have made me enough copper to step up my wind production. I'll also probably be looking into automating the sorting of Coal from my Quarry into the Barrel, and then automatically refilling my Stirling engines. I logged in quickly this morning to see that my power generation had basically come to a halt.
Garacesh Posted December 17, 2015 Posted December 17, 2015 (edited) If you can automate it (My harvester is over-powered from just a triple water wheel) then build a harvester, make crop sticks and siphon them off into a JABBA barrel. Crop sticks mean you don't have to re-plant the seeds when you harvest them.. But if you're harvesting by hand, you'll destroy the crop sticks every time, so don't bother unless you're automating it. Of course you'll have to find a way to get rid of the sludge harvesters generate.. And industrial hemp grows ridiculously slowly, so you'll want to find a way to speed that up.. But I'm not giving you all the answers (that being said, you could also just rob some off me. But I appreciate you wanting to do it yourself. I'm the same.) Edited December 17, 2015 by Garacesh
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now