Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've been using the MacBook for a few days now and so far so good. One thing I realised is that my workflow on a Windows machine is much better than on a Mac. There are some things I don't like on the Mac but it's something that I am slowly adjusting with and getting accustomed to.

 

I have also come to realise that any free apps/software is crap on the Mac and is nowhere near as extensive in Windows. Any decent apps cost and as a Windows user I don't like paying for anything if I can help it. :)

 

Anyhoo, there are 3 things that I really like about the Mac:

1. Trackpad - bloody awesome

2. Battery life

3. Fast boot up times, log in times and shutting down times.

 

All this on El Capitan, even if people are slating it. Me, I don't know any better as this is the first Mac OS I have played with since Snow Leopard (10.6).

 

1. The trackpad is awesome. I used to hate trackpads and now I realise I just hate windows trackpads. The trackpad might be my main reason for using one for the last four years. Better than a mouse too - I really didn't like the magic mouse.

2. It is better than most comparable laptops.

3. That is true but it's also true for win10 when it isn't processing group policy

also

4. Fix the os from recovery over the internet and have it come back exactly as you left it

 

Their flaws are that they are quite difficult to fix hardware wise, manage to the level windows is in a corporate environment and relatively expensive to purchase. And here, for me, my boss properly hates them which means getting mine replaced or software for it requires me to sit through a rant about how sh*t macs are.

 

Also better touch tool is a piece of software I consider vital

Posted
Ridiculously overkill for a personal machine IMHO. But whatever makes you feel safe.

 

It's ok, it was tongue in cheek - I've not used windows on the desktop since around 2007.

Posted

My PC boots up Windows 10 literally as soon as I've pressed the power button - before the monitor has chance to flick from standby to active my desktop is up!

 

If you have a more modern motherboard it makes quite a large difference!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...