jmair Posted August 12, 2015 Posted August 12, 2015 I have a new computer lab that is totally offline. I'm currently trying to find a passive way to allow students to use Visual Studio without having to sign in, but I have a feeling I'll be unsuccessful. Can anyone suggest an IDE that can be used offline for C# ?
jmair Posted August 12, 2015 Author Posted August 12, 2015 Visual Studio Community 2015? That was my goto. After 30 days however, it's asking every user to log in or shutdown Visual Studio. I haven't seen a clean solution to disable or bypass needing to login or to have internet connection. I'm checking out MonoDev now (I used that in the past, but always had internet connection).
matt40k Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 You should be able to install VS and not register it, I know in previous versions, of express, you had to register it, then you would get emailed a key which you could enter instead. If your a school you might be able to enrol in Webspark and get tons of free software. From the point of view of developing windows application, you should be using WPF which isn't supported in MonoDev.
mrnoisy Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 We did it last term with 2010, registered then took the machines offline. We've just got rid of the machines though and are now using class suites with Virtual machines for computer science, they can put what they like on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now