localzuk Posted July 23, 2015 Posted July 23, 2015 So, I now have purchased myself a MacBook and wish to start learning how to do some iOS development. There appear to be a couple of options - Objective-C and Swift. Can anyone recommend which to go with, and also recommend me some reading material to work through to pick this stuff up?
ZeroHour Posted July 23, 2015 Posted July 23, 2015 What languages do you use currently? I find Objective-C a bit backwards coming from c#.
mrnoisy Posted July 23, 2015 Posted July 23, 2015 Some good stuff on iTunes university of Plymouth or Portsmouth can't remember but full intro series
Arthur Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 Stanford University: Developing iOS 8 Apps with Swift Plymouth University: iOS Development in Swift Source: https://developer.apple.com/swift/resources/ I find Objective-C a bit backwards coming from C#. Isn't Swift meant to be a bit easier to learn if you already know C# or Java?
MattDLEA Posted July 24, 2015 Posted July 24, 2015 I had a quick look at swift on the lynda.com site and it looks quite intuative. I managed to knock up a very basic app that told you how many days you had been alive within about 2 hours of starting.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now