thegrassisgreener Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 Hi all I want to back up my DC's System STate. But i get failed backup everytime? any ideas? thanks
FN-GM Posted January 7, 2008 Posted January 7, 2008 I get that i have never managed to fix it, just changed backup software
thegrassisgreener Posted January 8, 2008 Author Posted January 8, 2008 But surley there is a solution, do you have SP2 on your sever? there is meant to be a hotfix is SP2. cheers got the reply FN
cookie_monster Posted January 9, 2008 Posted January 9, 2008 Can you provide more details. SP level and any error messages and Event ID's
kamikaze Posted April 4, 2008 Posted April 4, 2008 Hi, I had this problem after I uninstalled trial backup software. Following all the steps in the microsoft article situated at Various issues may occur on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that is running the Volume Shadow Copy Service resolved my issues. Mike
Busybub Posted April 7, 2008 Posted April 7, 2008 Hi all I want to back up my DC's System STate. But i get failed backup everytime? any ideas? thanks Are your active directory transaction logs in the same partition as the database itself? If not, NTBackup cannot create a shadow copy unless you have specified additional files for backup in the partition where the log is located.
Michael Posted April 7, 2008 Posted April 7, 2008 I had this problem once and couldn't work out why it was happening. I could only put it down to a Windows Update (possibly). A reboot cured it however!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now