Trapper Posted July 13, 2015 Posted July 13, 2015 This is driving me mad! I can connect clients to my wireless at home. They get an IP, they see the correct DNS servers and can even ping and tracert external sites such as bbc.co.uk They can't actually connect to any website via a browser and it is driving me mad. How can a client connect, get the correct settings, ping a website but then be unable to connect to them via a browser! It makes absolutely no sense! Anyone else come across this?
round2it Posted July 13, 2015 Posted July 13, 2015 Ring up get a super hub 2 or close account. Sh1 were bad Set to modem only and get a linksys wireless router.
Michael Posted July 13, 2015 Posted July 13, 2015 An over aggressive firewall of some kind? What about if you try Safe Mode with Networking on one of your devices?
Davit2005 Posted July 14, 2015 Posted July 14, 2015 (edited) Had a similar problem with a new Virgin install with the SuperHub 1. When I had issues I could get onto certain websites but not others, phoned Virgin Support and they put me through to a company that wanted to charge me money to sort it out, needless to say the company listened and understood the troubleshooting steps I had taken and put me back in touch with Virgin. The problem fixed itself within 5 hours. TBH both SuperHub 1 and SuperHub 2 have issues, as others have said and I have done, get a separate Router/Wireless box and put the SH into Modem Only Mode, problem fixed. Edited July 14, 2015 by Davit2005
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now