Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I want to turn the bloody thing off. I have 'play a sound' unchecked in the Mail tab under Outlooks options, and in Sound in the Control Panel have 'desktop mail notification' set to 'none', however I'm still getting it when I get an email.

 

Argh! Thing is doing my nut!

Posted

Sorry if you have tried this already but from your description this seems like it might be a different approach:

 

Link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-the-sound-played-when-an-email-message-arrives-cbf254a8-008c-4dce-a02f-b9c87fa8097a

 

At the bottom of that page:

 

http://i.snag.gy/OBMVN.jpg

 

It's the 'Message arrival' part that isn't in your description that I believe might be different here.

 

I am not running Office 2013 at my station so I can't try this for you.

 

HTH.

Posted
Sorry if you have tried this already but from your description this seems like it might be a different approach:

 

Link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-the-sound-played-when-an-email-message-arrives-cbf254a8-008c-4dce-a02f-b9c87fa8097a

 

At the bottom of that page:

 

http://i.snag.gy/OBMVN.jpg

 

It's the 'Message arrival' part that isn't in your description that I believe might be different here.

 

I am not running Office 2013 at my station so I can't try this for you.

 

HTH.

 

That process kills it for me @DaveP. The OP's process doesn't. Frustrating!

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...