BonnyArmadillo Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 Hi all, I have inherited 60 Acer iconia tablets at my school- which were bought by the previous NM. They really do not work well as windows tablets and now we have ipads on site there really is no comparison! My question is- what could I do with them? They are slow so really cant handle much. Anyone have any ideas? Or is it a case of sending them to the bin?
LeMarchand Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 What model? Even the 1GB/Atoms should be OK for web browsing.
Oaktech Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 I've got w510 with 8.1 on them, and whilst they are slow, they are usable as a web browsing device. They are also way better off the domain than on it.
BonnyArmadillo Posted March 31, 2015 Author Posted March 31, 2015 its the W500- I would use them as web browsers but we have the ipads so it negates the need.
Oaktech Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 In which case then, I'd flatten them, put a virgin copy of whatever OS they have a COA for on them and sell them!
LeMarchand Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 (edited) Vaguely interested if they're for the bin. What sort of condition/accessories? Have you tried them with Win 8? Edit: realised that sounds really tight! I mean, if you're getting rid at a decent price! Edited March 31, 2015 by LeMarchand
BonnyArmadillo Posted March 31, 2015 Author Posted March 31, 2015 I was thinking that way, just hoped I could come up with something more exciting! I will give them a go with windows 8- if all else fails I will see what those upstairs say about getting shot of them. Thanks for your help guys
Oaktech Posted March 31, 2015 Posted March 31, 2015 If you've got papercut, you could do this with them and a £15 tablet stand from Hills Components:
BonnyArmadillo Posted March 31, 2015 Author Posted March 31, 2015 I have no printers on site i'm afraid- we have 7 copiers all, soon to be, using papercuts virtual print queue. I really love this idea though
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now