Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm just had delivery of some hybrid tablets and installed windows 8.1 Enterprise and other software needed. I've had a headache trying to get these things setup over the past week and am going bald pulling my hair out.

 

I've:

1. Created the desktop background I need applied to all machines and copied it to a location on the machines.

2. Created the Metro screen (tiles) I need for all machines, exported and saved to a location on each machine.

3. Copied a stand alone specialist program to each machine.

 

Created a Group Policy to:

1. Force desktop background to change to the one saved on each machine

2. Created a shortcut on the desktop to the stand alone program on each machine.

 

Created OUs

1. Created a new OU under Domain Computers called Hybrid where I've put in these new machines.

2. Created a new OU under Domain Users called Testing where I've put in a test account.

 

So I created the image I want and copied it over to a few of the tablets. Once I connect to the domain, if I enable the GP link to the test user in the testing OU, and login to the tablet as this user, the background works and so do the tiles. If I enable the link to the Hybrid OU group and login as a different user then the tiles and background don't seem to work.

 

What I want to do is have this Hybrid GP applied to the tablets not to the users. It must be something simple I'm missing. I must profess its been a while since I've had to set Group Policies and its getting the better of me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...