itgeek Posted February 26, 2015 Posted February 26, 2015 Hi I have setup office365 dirsync and if I change the users password it will sync and lets them log into the office 365 with the ad account. The problem I have is that the existing password doesn't work only if I change the AD account it will work? has anybody had any issues with this? Thanks
LinkZ Posted February 26, 2015 Posted February 26, 2015 Have you tried forcing an AD sync from your DirSync server? Try the following in PowerShell: Import-Module DirSync Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync You can also run 'Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync -FullSync' to try and force a full sync as well if the above doesn't work.
FN-GM Posted February 26, 2015 Posted February 26, 2015 I found this issue, you need to perform a full password Sync. This link will tell you how - DirSync: Password Sync Frequently Asked Questions - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
Wubbalubbadub Posted February 26, 2015 Posted February 26, 2015 I found this issue, you need to perform a full password Sync. This link will tell you how - DirSync: Password Sync Frequently Asked Questions - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki +1 for this. I had this issue a while back.
Firefox Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 You could setup ADFS, with this you don't need to sync your internal passwords to 365 to be able to use your internal AD accounts to login
ellsandell Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 You could setup ADFS, with this you don't need to sync your internal passwords to 365 to be able to use your internal AD accounts to login DirSync is much easier to setup mind. Elliot
Firefox Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 DirSync is much easier to setup mind. Elliot We use DirSync with ADFS, we then don't have the perceived security risk of having our passwords syncing to the cloud. But ADFS also opens up future use too
Blue_Cookeh Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 We use DirSync with ADFS, we then don't have the perceived security risk of having our passwords syncing to the cloud. But ADFS also opens up future use too How can you use DirSync and ADFS? I'm tempted to move to ADFS in our environment but I can't imagine the headache in terms of making it redundant... lose ADFS, lose Office365 logins.
FN-GM Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 How can you use DirSync and ADFS? You still need Azure accounts with ADFS. DirSync will Sync your AD accounts to office 365. ADFS will handle the authentication.
Firefox Posted March 2, 2015 Posted March 2, 2015 How can you use DirSync and ADFS? I'm tempted to move to ADFS in our environment but I can't imagine the headache in terms of making it redundant... lose ADFS, lose Office365 logins. You can set the ADFS service to be part of a farm if that helps with redundancy. Only the Admins will need Azure accounts for management (assigning licenses and such).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now